Thursday, 22 March 2007World Sikh Lobby - 25 - 26th March 2007
The Programme is:
Sunday 25th March
At Venue: Gurdwara Sahib Switzerland, Langenthal
12-4pm - International Human Rights Conference - with non-Sikh speakers and the international media
6-9pm - Meeting of Sikh delegates from across the world to discuss the international political strategy of the Sikh Nation.
Monday 26th March
At Venue: UN Human Rights Council, Geneva
11-12.30pm - Respect for Human Rights & Fundamental Freedoms - The 60 Year Experience of the Sikhs
2-5pm - Sikh Human Rights Awareness Rally outside UN building
Note: The Sikh Federation (UK) has made arrangements for up to 2 named Sikh representatives from each country to receive guest photo passes to enter the UN for the 11am seminar.
The names of the 2 representatives need to be emailed to email@example.com by Saturday 17th March. The names should match individual identity documents which each person will need to bring with them.
Issues to be raised at the UN Human Rights Council on 26th March
1. 50th Anniversary - Treaty of Rome - Religious Freedoms in Europe
2. Why has Amnesty International been denied access to investigate in Panjab for almost 30 years?
3. Why is the UN Rapporteur on Torture not being allowed to visit Panjab?
4. UN investigation into the lack of justice for the November 1984 Anti Sikh Pogroms
5. Release of Sikh political prisoners - Professor Bhullar, Paramjeet Singh, etc.
6. Fake encounters, disappearances, killing of 36 Sikhs in Kashmir, Jaswant Singh Khalra case
7. International image of Sikhs and restrictions on Sikhs and Sikh organisations
8. Sikh right to self-determination and campaign for an Independent Sikh State
Media covering the World Sikh Lobby Day will include Akash Radio, Raaj Radio, Panjab Radio. Contacts for your country are on the attached poster.
For general information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.